Wicked Window Winners

Written by Gabriella Vigorito|
Photos by Gabriella Vigorito|

On Saturday, October 15, 2016, the  Clinton Park & Rec set up a table by the Clinton post office where children and their parents registered. At the table, students had their drawings approved, got their window number, and got a bag with multiple colored paints inside.Halloween Window PaintingHalloween Window Painting

There was a great turnout for the event. There were 16, 6th-grade teams alone, along with lots more teams composed of students from other grades. They all compete against each other and receive a ribbon if they win. The winners were announced for each age group the day of the event. The students and parents received an email with a list of the winners.

Here are the results:

For the 4th-grade students, Joey O’Brien & Robert Bergman won 1st place and Most Fun Design, Liliana Luciani, Victoria Minichino & Rachel Spaziano won Scariest Design, and Alana Zirlis, Olivia Siciliano & Gabriella Navarra won Most Original.

For the 5th grade students, Samantha Way, Kayleigh West & Julia White won 1st Place and Most Original, Chloe Jackson, Maggie West & Riley Kuever won Scariest Design, and Kayla Brinkman & Ainsleigh Landino wonHalloween Window Painting Most Fun Design.Halloween Window Painting

The 6th-grade students had the most entries, so there were a lot of winners. 1st Place, Most Fun Design, and Most Original went to Amelia Whelan, Eve Gardner & Marin Stopkoski, 2nd Place, Scariest Design and Most Original went to Rebecca May & Olivia Schofield, and 3rd Place and Most Original went to Kristina Bergman. Also, Ryan Marszalek & Louis Heser and Ashley Inglis & Katelynn Rubino won Most Original Design.

For the 7th grade students, Skyler Lane won 1st place and Most Original design. The Scariest design went to Vincent Graham, Aidan Madura & Ethan Maduras team and Hailey Lawson, Emma Powers & Maggie O’Donnell’s team. The Most Fun Design went to Kyra Savage & Kate Robinson’s team and Jessie Flanagan & Molly Shortt.

Halloween Window PaintingLastly for the 8th-grade students, Alexandra Kelly, Olivia Kaplan & Rachael Pellegrini woHalloween Window Paintingn 1st place and Most Original Design. Reagan Franzoni, Lauren & Meagan Dundon won Scariest design and Francesca Tino & Arianna Dunn won Most Fun Design.

Some of the businesses in the center on Clinton that have painted windows are Chips Pub, Cindy Stevens Fine Art, Grand Apizzia, and much more!