Lauren Vigorito: College Life

Written by: Gabby Vigorito and Abby Pitarra |

Lauren Vigorito is a freshman at Sacred Heart University. She is majoring in Elementary Education, and she wants to be either a kindergarten or 1st-grade teacher. She said that the campus is beautiful, and all of the people were really nice and welcoming. They also have the 5-year elementary education program where she will get her bachelor’s degree in 4 years and her masters in 1. She said that college life is a lot of fun but a lot of work.

Her favorite thing so far is the freedom and all of the people. She made so many great friends already, and she can’t wsacred heart universityait to see what the rest of the year brings. Also at times it is very stressful. She said she has multiple tests and essays due the same week so it’s difficult to find time to do everything. So far most of her classes are pretty easy. It’s a lot of work, but it’s not that difficult.

Lauren said everyone is super nice and welcoming. She loves everyone she’s met so far, and her friends are amazing. She misses lots about Morgan especially all of the teachers. She has not gotten a chance to connect with a lot of her professors yet, but she can’t wait to come back and see all the teachers who helped her get to where she is today.

She is currently playing club field hockey and performing in the dance ensemble. She is also a part of lots of clubs including Love Your Melon club, Education club, Best Buddies Club, Big Brother Big Sister Club, and Habitat for Humanity. She is also very involved with volunteer programs, and she goes on weekly community service trips.img_8093

Lauren has alreaimg_8059dy had lots of great opportunities at Sacred Heart University. First, she moved in a week before school started to participate in a pre-fall program, Community Connections. During this week she as well as 40 other freshmen lived in a church and volunteered around the community of Bridgeport, CT. It was a good opportunity to meet a lot of people before school started. They all made a lot of connections around the Bridgeport community.

Her advice for people applying and going to college in the future is to stay organized and don’t stress. “As long as you stay organized, especially when applying for scholarships, it really is not that difficult. Also, don’t worry about if you didn’t get into your top school, or if you didn’t get as many scholarships as you would like, everything works itself out.”