Mrs. Waltson Joins Morgan

Written by Meg Falcone|
Photos by Meg Falcone and Amber Vuilleumier |

Physics teacher Abigail Walston loves the new environment at Morgan. Mrs. Walston  taught high school science  in North Branford  for a number of years before coming to Morgan.

She studied at Southern Connecticut State University in New Haven, CT. She has been teaching at other schools for 13 years. She stated that her favorite subject has always been science, but as a student, she also enjoyed math, and the reading and writing aspects of English. When she started college, she wanted to be a nurse, or a vet, but she realized she loved all areas of science so much that she wanted to teach all of them.Mrs. Walston

Mrs. Waltson has never taught any other subjects, but she has taught every kind of science. Mrs. Walston said that she struggled with history in school, but it was not because she couldn’t do it, it was because she didn’t like it and did not put the work into it. She was also put into very high level chemistry classes and struggled somewhat, but she loved the challenging hard work.

When in school, Mrs. Walston was a very good student. She was in the National Honor Society.  She also attended college for free because of the National Honor Society. In science, her favorite topic to teach is chemistry. She loves chemistry because it explains how everything works and because there are still new discoveries being made everyday.

Mrs. Walston is just learning how to live the Morgan way.  She is following the ten Morgan agreements and building a good community in her own classroom.  Mrs. Walston is available for help all the time after school. Just make an appointment to meet with her.