Farewell Mrs. Brochu!

Written By David LaRiviere and August Pulaski

On Friday, September 18th, Guidance Counselor Secretary Mrs. Brochu will retire. She has worked at Morgan for almost twenty eight years.

Over the years, Mrs. Brochu informed students of scholarships, college visits, open houses and college fairs.  She kept the guidance website up to date with information on colleges and jobs. She also helped the faculty, parents, students and alumni with whatever they needed whenever they visited, called or emailed the guidance office. 

Mrs. Brochu’s biggest accomplishment was when she first came to Morgan. There was a computer lying on the ground in a box. She asked whose it was, and the guidance counselors said anybody could take it. She took it and was able to operate it successfully.Brochu student

Mrs. Brochu  describes her experience at Morgan as wonderful. She says, “I’ve never dreaded waking up in the morning to come to work.” She also remembers many wonderful students who she cared deeply for. 

Guidance Counselor Mrs. Capobianco is very close to Mrs. Brochu because as Mrs. Capobianco explained, “She trained me… she was like a mom to me”. She has known Mrs. Brochu for over three years, and she is very sad that one of her closest friends is leaving. She describes Mrs. Brochu as a mom and a lifesaver. She also described her as caring, nurturing, sweet, very intelligent, and someone who knows how to get stuff done.

Mrs. Brochu  stated that what she likes most about Morgan is the people: “I really like the friendliness of everyone.”  Mrs. Brochu will be missed by those people, the staff and students of The Morgan School.