Student Council Plans for the Future

Written by Cameron LeClaire    |

During the 2015-16 school year, the Student Council Advisors are Library Media Specialist Shannon Robinson and Mathematics teacher Monica Mikulski. “I am very excited to have Ms. Mikulski come on and be co-adviser because it is a huge task for just one person,” exclaims Ms. Robinson. They both will be overseeing the activities within the Student Government.

Mrs. Robinson

Student Council elections took place Tuesday, May 5, 2015. There are many new students stepping into Student Council this year, many with hopes to better the school and student body.The new Student Government will now have to take charge within the school.

Ms.Hagness along with Ms.Robinson want the Student Council to become a leadership job. They want the Student Council to be involved in more school initiatives, along with having more responsibilities.

In the fall, Homecoming will be around October 10th. Float building will be earlier this fall. The Class of 2018 float theme will be Charlie Brown; the Class of 2017 will be doing Survivor, and the class of 2016 will be doing Scooby Doo.

Homecoming week will be Spirit Week at Morgan. The Student Council is in the process of coming up with new ideas for Spirit Week, with the exceptions of Blue Out and Color Wars. Sadly, the Powder Puff game will not be included during Homecoming week this year, but it will be happening in November.

If you have any new ideas for Spirit Week at Morgan, email Ms. Robinson!

.