Celebrating Excellence: Class of 2024

Senior Awards Ceremony Highlights
Awards+ready+to+be+given+out+
Brianna Sposa
Awards ready to be given out

On Wednesday, May 29th, seniors received academic awards. There are around 40 awards and 30 scholarships distributed at this ceremony. This includes schoolwide or community awards , and academic recognition awards from each department. Graduation is on June 10th, where seniors will say goodbye to high school after spending their years with Morgan. 

Description of Awards + Winners 

William J. Barney Global Citizenship Award: The Barney Global Citizenship Award is

Noelle Main

named after the former principal William J Barney. This award is for a student who works to make change in the community mainly through community service. Principal Keri Hagness presented this award to Noelle Main.

Gavin Gersz (Gavin)

Lewin G. Joel Jr. Award: The Lewin G. Joel Jr. Award is given to a student who is a member of the National Honor Society. This student exemplifies the 4 pillars: leadership, scholarship, service, and character. This award is presented by Principal Keri Hagness, and the winner earns a cup with their name inscribed on it. Gavin Gersz won this award. 

The Tower 2024 Yearbook Dedication Award: The Yearbook Dedication Award is won by a student who displays the theme of the yearbook. This year’s theme was unleash your inner husky. The student who wins this award is someone who is hardworking and truly exemplifies the theme of our yearbook. The editors of the yearbook, Ainsley Corgan and Anna Fasulo presented this award to Officer Corbin.

Shania winning her award

Clinton Police Youth Group Dedication Award: The Clinton Police Youth Group Dedication Award was created this year. The Clinton Police Youth Group is all about community service, and providing students opportunities to help their community. They participate in beach cleanups, visiting senior citizens, food pantries, and much more. The chosen student is someone who was a part of this group all of their years of high school and was dedicated to the group with perfect attendance. This group truly has expanded over the years, originally starting off with 7 students in 2017, and growing to 41 in 2024. Four officers, including our school resource officer, Officer Corbin, take part in this program every year. This award was presented by Sergeant Mangs, Corporal Harkins, and SRO Corbin to Shania Weisse.

Giovanna Santos, Ngan Le, and Daniel Highkin

The Morgan School Good Guy Award: The Good Guy Award is given to students who make a teacher’s life better. There is no grade requirement to receive this award, just being a nice person. Teachers collect money and vote on three students to win this award, which gives each student $250. This award was presented by faculty representative and mathematics teacher John Madura to Giovanna Santos, Ngan Le, and Daniel Highkin.

Gavin Carlisle Student Government Teacher of the Year Award: This award honors Gavin Carlisle, and is given to a teacher that the students who partake in the student government chooses. Our students take into consideration the teacher’s

Mr. Rowe winning the Teacher of the Year award

work ethic, how they interact with their students, and what they do for the school. Any  teacher  who has not won the award for  the last ten years is eligible for  the award. The student government members  vote and the teacher with the most votes wins the award and receives a plaque. Leah Scoppa gave a speech about the winner and presented the award to Science Department Teacher, Jake Rowe. Leah shared how Mr.Rowe is a kind-hearted teacher who students find fun and engaging.

Gavin Carlisle Student Government Student of the Year Award: This award honors Gavin Carlisle, a former student government president of the class of 2020. It is given to one senior and one underclassman, who show ch

Leah Scoppa

aracter, leadership, and service. Student Government Advisor Laura Luther presented this award to Leah Scoppa for her efforts and leadership as President of Student Government.

Work Exploration Award: The Work Exploration Award is given to a student who has done exceptional work in the community while being a part of Morgan. Shania Weisse

Shania Weisse (Brianna Sposa )

was presented a certificate from Assistant Principal Christopher Luther.

Morgan Way Award: The Morgan Way Award is awarded to a student who is helpful, inspires others, and does good in the community whenever they can. This award highlights someone who works to make a difference and better the community. The Morgan Way Award was presented by Assistant Principal, Christopher Luther to Ruben Miranda Jara.

Mr.Luther handing Ruben his award

The Daniel Giannotti Faculty Cup: The winner of the Faculty Cup receives $500-1000 that is from the Morgan staff and the Gianotti family. This student is a good role model to others and is a strong representative of The Morgan School. This award also celebrates high academic achievement, and was presented by Library Media Specialist Shannon Robinson to Madi Sacta Guartazaca. 

Mia DiGiandomenico

Principal’s Cup: Mrs. Hagness chooses the recipient of the Principal’s Cup. The award is always a huge secret. This person is someone who has impressed  Mrs.Hagness throughout their years at Morgan. The Principal’s Cup was presented by our Principal Keri Hagness to Mia DiGiandomenico. 

Sean Davis passing the spade to Josh Nobitz

Passing of the Spade

The passing of the spade is a Morgan tradition, where the current senior class president hands off a spade to the incoming senior class president. This year, Sean Davis passed the spade to Josh Nobitz. The tradition began in the early years of Morgan, when ivy would grow around the school, and a spade was used to plant it. The spade represents the responsibility of leading the school. The passing down of the spade resembles the inheritance of rules and responsibility.

Senior Surprise

Math teacher and Spirit Squad advisor, Stephanie Davis and Spirit Squad planned a senior surprise as a final goodbye for the seniors before graduation. The theme was Dr.Seuss, specifically the book “Oh the Places You’ll Go!” Our seniors are going off to do greater things as they take their next big steps in life. Spirit Squad put together posters filled with baby pictures of the seniors with letters from teachers to them. Seniors also put a pin on a map of where they are going after high school. The area was decorated with bright colors, and filled with Dr.Seuss quotes about going to new places, and completing great things.