Beware: Here There Be Creativity

2024 Literary Magazine

The literary magazine is an accomplished, yet underrated club at The Morgan School. It is open to all students and provides a safe place for creative writers to freely express themselves. Although it is a small club, it is cozy with its welcoming atmosphere and supportive club members.

Talented English teacher, Julie Frydenborg, advises the club to allow students a chance to socialize and write.  Students may write about anything, but sometimes they respond to prompts. Members occasionally share their writing.

I have been a part of the club since freshman year and am glad to say that all ideas are listened to and heavily welcomed. My pleasant experience with the club goes out to its commendable writers, artists, and poets. Thank you for all your work in the literary magazine, and I hope this dedicated article puts into words how greatly appreciated your efforts to writing and art are to the Morgan community.

“Dancer” By Noelle F. Main (Vivian Nguyen)

The Literary Magazine

The magazine consists of poems, short stories, and art from members of the club and students in the school who submit their work. As of 2024, upperclassmen editors include Chloe Allen and Noelle F. Main, who is also the art editor. The general contributing staff is made up of 8 students: Keagan Bannon-Molthu, Rylee Coffin, Aslin Wolfe, Eli Barden, Lawrence Nguyen, Vivian Nguyen, Mekai Howard, Seren Howard. Other creative additions to the magazine are contributions from English teacher Eric Bergman’s creative writing class and art teacher Justin Sylvia’s students.

The writing presented is silly, fun, dark, and philosophical. Various genres of writing can be found, but most range from fiction to poetic stories. This edition of the magazine is just as special as last year’s, but it is more advanced because of its editing improvements. The format has significantly improved. Art is included directly with the writing, and the reoccurring theme of the magazine is more mature than last year’s.

The magazine titled Beware: Here There Be Creativity is available online.  Limited print copies of the e-magazine are available from Ms. Frydenborg or from club members.

Literary Magazine From 2024

Cover of Lit Mag 2024 By Noelle F. Main
“Wishing Star” By Ethan Powell (Vivian Nguyen)
Drawing by Kasey Allin
“Tis’ The Season” By Rylee Coffin (Vivian Nguyen
Drawing: “Pen & Ink” By Lily Tanner
“I Have Beef With All The Seasons” By Alex Vece (Vivian Nguyen

Literary Magazine From 2023

Cover of Literary Magazine from 2023 (Vivian Nguyen)
Prompts from the Lit Mag (Vivian Nguyen)
Drawing by Paola Lopez
“Summer Beach Day” by Cora Deming
Drawing by Sophia Vigorito (Vivian Nguyen)
Drawing by Amber Robayo
“The Weeds of Inner Sorrow” by Talia Le (Vivian Nguyen)