Morgan Event Planning: Spirit Squad

First Ever Spring Formal
Ainsley Corgan
Mrs. Davis putting together a balloon arch during set up

Here at Morgan, the planning and organization of our school events and dances takes time and commitment from students and staff. The masterminds behind it all are mathematics teacher Stephanie Davis, English teacher Eric Carroll, and their Spirit Squad.

Morgan’s Spirit Squad consists of two staff advisors, an executive board, and the other varying members. The executive board has one freshman representative, Hendrick Bausch, one sophomore representative, Jacquelyn Ciarleglio, two junior representatives, Jason Mansfield and Josh Nobitz, and two senior co-presidents Ainsley Corgan and Riley Schmidt.

Spirit Squad meets every Tuesday morning before school. The Squad constantly comes up with new ideas to keep spirit going at Morgan. The biggest events are definitely the school dances and planning every element that comes along with them such as decorations, tickets, activities, music, photo booths, timing, set up, pep rallies and spirit weeks the week before, and any other tiny details.

Students hanging decorations
Members of Spirit Squad hanging decorations (Ainsley Corgan)

Mrs. Davis takes the lead when it comes to party planning. She has her own event and wedding planning gig on the side that she pursues in her free time. She shared, “It’s a creative outlet for me, so I look forward to it! I love choosing a theme and then coming up with decorations to make the theme come to life. Making a memorable night for my student’s is so rewarding for me.”

Spirit Squad is currently helping the Class of 2026 plan their postponed Winter Formal that is now the Spring Fling Formal. The event was announced the week of January 29. Sophomore Class Officers, President Andrew Randi and Vice President Nathan Levy, have asked Spirit Squad to cover the theme and decorations for the dance.

Mrs. Davis describes this formal as more of an “elegant” event. Spirit Squad believes that this formal will be different from homecoming in terms of themes and feel. Homecoming was described as more of a “glamorous” feel with metallics, sparkle, and bold colors. Mrs. Davis states, “I want it to feel like you’re in a spring garden. Twinkle lights, greenery, pastels. She added, it’s going to be understated, light, airy”.

Class of 2026 Class President, Andrew Randi said, “Expect something similar to homecoming, with a photo booth and a DJ, along with a dinner an hour before the dance starts”.

Andrew described Class of 2026’s end goal for this formal. They want to make this a yearly tradition to get underclassmen more involved due to them not having a prom. He explains that they want this to be something for students to look forward to every year.

Two students hanging up garlands above the staircase
Students setting up the morning of the Homecoming dance (Ainsley Corgan)

This will be Morgan’s first ever Spring Fling Formal. One of the hardest tasks that these committees are facing currently are getting students to participate and buy tickets. Ticket sales have started throughout the lunch waves in the cafeteria.

Spring Fling Formal tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door. It will include a dinner before starting at 5:30, and the dance following from 6:30-8:30. Nathan and Andrew ask that students attend in more formal attire than homecoming, such as suits and long dresses. Students can purchase tickets during lunch. Support the Class of 2026 and enjoy the evening.