Senior Spotlight: Giovanna Santos

College Out Of The United States
Giovanna+Santos+
Giovanna Santos

Senior Giovanna Santos is in the process of committing to a medical school in Italy. She still needs to take a test to get accepted into the school. Italy is farther than the schools most students attend after their time at Morgan, but Gigi said she wants to be closer to her family while away at college.

While in Italy, she will be majoring in either medicine and surgery or sport sciences to be a neurologist, a pediatrician, or an athletic trainer for major sports teams. During her time at Morgan, she took a lot of interesting classes but one class seemed to stand out to her: Ms.Lisy’s ECE Allied Health class.  She found this class very interesting and it helped her decide to pursue a career in medicine as a doctor or an athletic trainer.

When she isn’t playing volleyball or softball, she is drawing or hanging out with her friends.

Gigi and friends

Gigi said her friends are big supporters of her and help her be the best she can be. Gigi expressed how Ngan Le pushes her to succeed, and Alyssa Ruthstom helps her when she gets in her head so she can calm down and get ready before and during games. Ngan Le said, “Gigi is a friendly and competitive person.” Math teacher Jessica Lynch said she could talk about Gigi forever: “Gigi is one of the nicest kids I have ever had a pleasure working with, She’s always willing to go above and beyond for others and always keeps a positive attitude even when things are not going well and that rubs off on people and makes others feels better.” Spanish Teacher Laura Luther also had amazing words to say about Gigi: “She is one of the nicest humans on the planet. She is caring. She is kind. She is hardworking She is considerate. She is determined and thoughtful and just the best of what Morgan is.” Ms. Lynch and Señora Luther are Gigi’s volleyball coaches and inspire her to be a better person. They help teach her that it’s ok to fail. It’s just part of the process of succeeding. They also teach Gigi she needs to be more confident in herself.

Gigi playing volleyball

Gigi is one of the only Morgan students going out of the country for school and wants to give some advice to the upcoming seniors or anyone starting to look for colleges “Be open to a lot of options. Don’t just look here in the United States. Look in other countries because it’s cool to experience a new culture, and don’t be scared to not get into a college. Sometimes it’s not meant to be, and you’ll find a new one.”