Best Video Games of 2023

Most Popular, Best Selling Games

Many people play video games.There are multiple genres and types of games that people love. That’s why video games have stayed popular and have grown in popularity over the years. In 2023, there have certainly been some new video game releases that have grown in popularity. Some recent releases that have been popular are Street Fighter 6, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, and Marvel’s Spider-Man 2.

These games have sold millions of copies worldwide with a combined total of 37 million copies sold. These are just 3 of the best video games of 2023. These games already had a fan base because they are part of a popular series that had a fan base.

Gameplay of Street Fighter 6 (Nathan Ramirez-Canas)

Street Fighter 6

is a fighting game and is meant to be challenging, but players can adjust the level of play and the controls. An older player used to the original game can use the old controls, and if a new player who isn’t ready for the complexity of the old control they can use the new one. Street Fighter 6 has great graphics and a good way of how it handles its controls and gameplay. This game has a story, but even without a story, it would still be one of the most popular fighting games.

Legend of Zelda: Tears of The Kingdom

Gameplay of Street Fighter 6 (Nathan Ramirez-Canas)the Kingdom

is an adventure free-roam game with great story, graphics and gameplay. It’s a game that takes players through a story while they fight mythical creatures. These creatures are all around the world. They will attack players who get too close. Players can meet people who give them quests. They can find chests with loot and sometimes weapons. The player is the main character of this story. The players will have to eat for health. They can cook food, find new weapons and armor. There is a durability limit that should not be broken. There is also a stamina bar that will determine how long players can run, climb, and attack.

Gameplay of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 (Aydin Faraci)

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2

is an action game where the player is Spider-Man. the graphics of the game and story are great with memorable villains. Something about this game makes players feel as if they are living as Spider-Man, making decisions that make an impact on the story instead of watching Spider Man.

These games are popular due to four key elements: graphics, controls, storyline, level of difficulty. Good graphics means that people are more engaged with the visuals that they are seeing. Without good controls the game just feels sloppy, and players cannot do much in the game. If there is not a good story, it would just be mindless play with no objective to keep a player interested. The game needs to have balance for the level of difficulty. Games that are not too easy but not extremely difficult are winners. They usually have a slower pace in the beginning when the players are learning about the game. Later, they become more challenging.