The 42nd Annual Shoreline Writing Contest

Enter To Win

The 42nd Annual Shoreline Writing Contest sponsored by the Shorelines Heads of English Departments has begun. Morgan students, in Grades 9-12, can enter their work by January 23, 2024. There are eight different categories: Short Story, Poetry from Grades 9-10, Poetry from Grades 11-12, Analysis/Criticism from grades 9-12, Personal Essay, Journalism, or Humor. Students can enter in more than one category. 

In order to enter, students must submit their work to their English teacher. Students are required to put their title on the top of the first page, with no separate title page. Each entry needs to include 1-inch margins, 12 pt font, and double-spacing, but poetry may be single-spaced. PDF files will not be accepted. Submissions must be Google Docs labeled with the category and title, not students names. All students must fill out the entry form. Teachers signatures are required.

In recent years, Paul Serenbetz won first place in 2021. In 2022, Victoria Le placed second place for her Struggles Faced by Asians in America essay 2023 Muntara Singh won first place for her, “That’s So Sikh” essay. The 2024 season is looking bright, and we hope to keep this streak going. If you are interested in entering this contest, ask your English teacher for the Shoreline Writing Contest entry form.