Harlem Wizards vs Clinton Community

Project Graduation 2024 Fundraising Event
Clinton+Team
Ainsleigh Landino
Clinton Team

The Wizards game is a fundraiser for Morgan Project Graduation. Between ticket sales, merchandise, and the concession stand last year, the fundraiser made over $5000. 

Member of the Morgan Project Graduation planning committee Susan Parlato-Landino said, “Thank you to Meegan Donadio for all her hard work coordinating this event [The Wizards game] because she absolutely did it all.”

Even though the last time School Resource Officer Brian Corbin played against the Harlem Wizards he was embarrassed because of their light-hearted teasing, he is happy to play against them again.

English teacher Eric Carroll played against the Harlem Wizards and was excited to participate again. He said the best part is seeing the smiles on little kids’ faces when they see what the Wizards have in store.

Junior Hannah Sharp went to the Wizards game last year and said, her favorite part was “When one of the Harlem Wizards picked up Ms. Lynch.” She said that it was worth buying a ticket.

Freshman Colton Landino said he enjoyed the fun, and he would go again. 

On Tuesday, November 28, the Harlem Wizards faced off against members of the Clinton community. Members of the Clinton team were 

• State Representative, Chris Aniskovich
  • School Resource Officer, Brian Corbin
  • Former First Selectman, Willie Fritz
  • Technology Education teacher, Jared Stevens
  • Morgan English teacher, Eric Carroll
  • Community member, Ryan Radziewicz
  • Morgan Spanish teacher, Jordan Bean
  • Third grade Joel teacher, Whitney Madura
  • Third grade Joel teacher, Amy Ruzzo
  • Community member, Sean Donadio
  • Prevention Coordinator, Ben Eaves
  • Joel Building Sub, Jordyn Suraci

The Harlem Wizards was founded in 1962 by Howie Davis. Since then, the Harlem Wizards have traveled to different states and countries around the world. 

Since 1989, the senior class at The Morgan School has enjoyed an incident and substance-free graduation night. Morgan Project Graduation is a parent-run initiative to raise the funds needed for a safe graduation event for high school seniors. The event is an adult-chaperoned, overnight, senior-only celebration at a “secret” venue. Immediately following graduation, students are transported by bus to this surprise destination where a variety of activities, entertainment, food, gifts, and prizes await them. It is a wonderful opportunity for the seniors to celebrate their hard work over the last four years. 

Mrs. Parlato-Landino explained some of the previous and upcoming fundraisers of Project Graduation: “We did a bake sale at the town hall for election day. We’re doing the buoy tree at Pearson. We are doing a gift card fundraiser. We are planning a bingo, and another Taste of the Shoreline event in 2024. Husky Dog Pound and Husky stencils on your driveway that’s ongoing. Grand Pizza had a fundraiser for us where they gave us a percentage of the sales for a few days. Leon’s Pizza in Westbrook did the same thing for one night, and we have some very generous businesses in town who have sponsored Project Graduation. A senior parent who owns Four Kids Cookies is doing a fundraiser currently where you enter a raffle, and you can win six dozen specialty (customizable) cookies”