The New Students Of The MLL Program

Ms. Fox and Ms. Diaz Teach Language Skills

A new school year begins with new students arriving at the MLL (Multi Language Learners) program. This program helps students who do not speak English learn the language.
This year, MLL teacher Alina Gonzales who used to work at Morgan, is working at Joel. Now the new teacher is Literacy Specialist/ML Case Manager Victoria Fox. She has many plans and ideas to help new students learn and feel comfortable in this new year.
The program helps students to speak, write, read and pronounce English correctly. It is a very fun and diverse class since there are students from different countries such as Ecuador, Spain, Brazil, China, and Colombia.
The classes are very dynamic and entertaining, which helps students become more interested in learning and not want to give up without having tried. There are also people who help the students like Paraeducator for English Learners Noemi Diaz. She is from Puerto Rico and is the teacher who is in charge of helping the students understand and be able to talk with the teachers of every subject.

Ms. Diaz is a very fun and kind person, which helps new students who may not speak or understand English.
Senior Anahi Paredes, who is from Ecuador and is also part of the MLL program, explained what she thinks is most difficult about being an MLL student.
She said, “I think the most difficult thing is when we start to learn English since at first we don’t understand, and it is difficult to communicate with other people, but we manage to move forward and we manage to learn.”
Junior Geovanny Avila, who is from Spain and is a new student at the school and in the MLL program, he said, “It’s a fun class. We learn a lot of things that help us in other classes. I’m also very excited to be able to talk with other Hispanic people.”

Thanks to this program and the teachers who are in it, new English students feel more comfortable and welcome at Morgan.