Morgan Athletes Head for the Next Level

And They Are Off to Franklin Pierce, Manhattan, Oberlin

Riley Schmidt, Writer, Reporter, Photographer

The groundhog might have seen his shadow this morning, but the future is bright for these three Morgan seniors. The time has come when senior students ask themselves the true questions of what will happen after graduation. For three seniors this year, the decision of where to go and what to do was an easy choice.

After playing their sports from middle school to high school, these three seniors fulfill every athlete’s dream of playing on a bigger and better scale. Wednesday, February 2, 2022, Senior Signing Day, was a wonderful afternoon for these seniors. They were able to sit down and sign their commitment letters to play at the college level.

Joining the celebrations were their coaches and family members.

The class of 2022 is sending off three seniors, Taylor Maher, Garret Garbinski, and Drew Nye, to play on with their dreams. As each student came to the table set up to celebrate their success, coaches, family, and staff members were there to support them.

Taylor has committed to playing women’s soccer at Franklin Pierce University, in the fall of 2022. She has been a part of the Morgan girls soccer team for all four years of high school.
Drew has committed to playing men’s football at Oberlin College, in the fall of 2022. He has been playing Morgan football all four years of high school.
Garret has committed to playing men’s baseball at Manhattan College, in the fall of 2022. He has been playing baseball at Morgan all four years of high school.