REACT’s Ninth Annual Haunted Hallways

By Emilia O’Neil|
Photos by Anna Limauro|

On October 28, 2018, at The Morgan School, a flood of kids and families rushed into Morgan to attend this year’s farm themed Haunted Hallways. Haunted Hallways is an annual event run by REACT. The Hallways were open from 6:30-8:30. Money from the ticket sales benefited Clinton Social Services to help people in need.

This year’s goal was to make more money than last year.  REACT reached their goal when they received about $300 more. People were very pleased with this year’s turnout.

The walls of the school were completely covered in black with trash bags and black paper. There were plenty of hay bails and farming tools, along with scarecrows. The actors were covered in well-applied makeup creating large cuts and gashes. The student actors in the hallways frightened the visitors with jump-scares, or they would come up from behind screaming. The actors wore a lot of plaid and overalls and some dressed up as farm animals.

Freshman Hailey Lawson said, “It was more successful than last year because we got $300 more. It was really fun to participate.” Also, freshman Emma Powers said, “It was fun to participate in, and my throat hurts from screaming.” Sophomore Anna Limauro stated, “It was fun to work with upperclassmen, and we were open to new ideas.”

While some people were happy with what they saw in the hallways, others shared some criticism. Senior Olivia Morrissey said, “Honestly, I am more annoyed, even though I know how much effort that was put into it.” She said she was bothered by the actors “standing two inches away from you. It was more uncomfortable than scary.”

In addition, Junior Sara Buzzeo said, “It was fun to participate in, but I think that we need more ideas to scare people with. We need to really follow through with our theme because even though we were doing a farm, we were scared like we were in a hospital. “

The Haunted Hallways overall was a great success and was truly incredibly done.