Homecoming Week Events

Homecoming Dance and Spirit Week Posters

Written by Ashlynn Leka |
Photos by PawPrint Staff |

This year, Morgan’s Homecoming festivities include some new events along with the activities enjoyed for years. 

The Homecoming Dance is taking place on Saturday, November 10th at 7-10pm.  This year’s theme for homecoming is a harvest autumn theme. According to Sophomore Ciro Falanga, the “color schemes of the night will be browns, oranges, yellows, dark reds, black and colors associated with Thanksgiving.”  Ciro also shared that students sent a playlist to the DJ to ensure “some really good dancing songs that have a nice active rhythm which will keep you up and moving instead of just bouncing to a rhythm-less club beat.” 

From 6pm- 7pm before the Homecoming Dance, there will be a new event: Mocktail Hour. Hors-d’oeuvres and beverages will be served.  Light music will play and there will be some sort of card game tournament. Tickets will not be available at the door for Mocktail Hour.  There is also a limited number of tickets available.  Mocktail Hour tickets must be purchased along with the Homecoming Dance ticket either in the morning or during the three lunch waves. The cost of the tickets for the Mocktail Hour and dance is $10.   

Before you buy your tickets make sure to stop by the office to check if you have any liabilities.  Forms for guests who do not attend Morgan are in the main office.

Below are listed the events, times and

Spirit week

The week of homecoming Morgan will have a spirit week below are the themes of each day:
Monday, November, 5-  Pajama day 
Tuesday, November, 6- Tacky Tourist day 
Wednesday, November 7- Decades Day (You can dress from any decade)
Thursday, November 8-  Color wars! 
Seniors- Green
Juniors- Light Blue
Sophomores- Purple
Freshman- Red
F
riday, November 9-  Blue out and pep rally

Homecoming Volleyball Tournament 

On Thursday, November 8, 2018, The Morgan VolleyBall Team will be hosting a volleyball tournament. 

Seniors VS. Freshman
Juniors VS. Sophomores 
Winners VS. Teachers 

This event will cost $3 to watch and, if you want to play on your class team the cost is $5. Email junior Emma Iovene or visit Library Media Specialist Shannon Robinson in the learning commons to sign up.

Friday Pep rally

Friday, November 9th the final event for spirit week is the pep rally.  

At the pep rally, the seniors will make their entrance and Homecoming Court will be announced.

Powderpuff

This year’s PowderPuff game will take place on Friday, November, 9th at 6:30pm. The price of admission will be $5 per person and $20 for a family. All money collected from the game will go to the Freshman Class of 2022 and Clinton Families in Need.

This year’s teams will be coached by 
Brunettes- Mike Savage, Zak Johson
Blondes- JP Nye, Deven Talarczyk
Cheerleaders- Mathematics teacher Stephanie White 

Come out and see who will win this year.

Homecoming football game

The Homecoming Football Game will take place on Saturday, November 10th at 12:30 at Peters Complex where our Morgan Huskies will take on Cocinguaug. At the game, students who attend this event will be having a whiteout so make sure to wear white.

At the game, this year’s Homecoming Court will be announced along with other fun events.

Mocktail hour and the Homecoming Dance

Before the dance on Saturday, November 10th,  there will be ¨Mocktail hour¨ from 6-7 with light Hors-d’oeuvres and soda. Come socialize with friends, take some pictures before the dance.  Tickets are $10 for the dance and Mocktail Hour. They must be purchased at school during the lunch waves or in the morning.  

The dance is from 7-10.  Tickets will be sold for the dance at the door, every morning and lunch wave of spirit week.