What is the Morgan Dress Code?

Dress Code 2013

Written by Elizabeth Bradley|

Photos by Elizabeth Bradley|

I still vividly remember the first day of school when our advisory teachers handed us the copy of the new school dress code. The Dress Code Policy is stated below

1. Shirts and/or blouses which reveal the abdomen, chest, or undergarments.

2. Shorts, miniskirts, pants which reveal the upper thigh or undergarments. Spandex garments are allowed only if they are covered by shorts or skirts.

3. See-through clothing, tube tops or ‘spaghetti strap’ tops or clothing designed as sleepwear.

4. Attire or accessories which contain overtly offensive or disruptive writing or pictures likely to unduly disrupt the educational environment, or which constitute “fighting words.”

5. Head coverings of any kind, including but not limited to scarves, bandannas, masks, headbands, visors, kerchiefs, athletic sweatbands, hats, caps, or hoods. Any head covering worn to school, needs to be put away upon arrival to the building. Approved coverings worn as part of a student’s religious practice or belief shall not be prohibited under this policy.

6. Footwear which mars floors or is a safety hazard.

7.Sunglasses, whether worn or carried.

8.Spiked or studded accessories, oversized or multi-finger rings, oversized metal belt buckles, or any clothing item that may present a saftrety hazard to the student, other students, or staff.

9. The adminisitration has the right to deem other items inappropriate if they are considered a safety hazard or distraction to the educational practice.

Watch the slideshow below, and let us know which outfits you deem inappropriate and appropriate!

• M

mikhelahullApr 28, 2013 at 6:43 pm

I really liked this article because it shows the students and faculty exactly what the dress code is. There has been a lot of controversy about it this year, but I think this article makes it more clear for everybody.