Shakesperience Comes to Morgan

Written by Mikhela Hull|

Photos and Video by Liz Bradley and Mikhela Hull|

On Wednsday, February 27, the Morgan School had a special presentation from two representatives from Shakesperience. They came to show us how actors can bring Shakespeare to life . The Shakesperience performers started off the show with the St. Crispin’s Day speech from Henry V. Many students from the audience volunteered to take part in a scene from some of Shakespeare’s plays. In the presentation, Jadan, Daniel, and Jessica performed a scene from A Midsummer Night’s Dream as well. The audience learned that not all of Shakespeare’s plays are serious; some are quite comical. For example, Jessica played the part of a wall and Jadan played a woman in distress. Some of the other plays included “Love’s Labour’s Lost” and “Macbeth.” This was an enjoyable opportunity for students and teachers to learn more about Shakespeare.

[wpvideo fvbcWEbM]              [wpvideo tFqmqJA1]

• M

map5277Mar 25, 2013 at 8:57 am

This article was well written. Not all classes got to enjoy this Shakespear experience, but this article provides enough information to fill them in. Being part of a class that did go, I too enjoyed this performance, as well as this article about it.