French 4 Crepes

By Taylor DiFilippo

French class needed funds for a field trip, and they found an educational way to do it.

Advertisement for Crepe Sale, October 5

To raise money for their field trip to Quebec, the French class decided that they were going to make crepes (a French dish) and sell them to The Morgan School. You might have seen them on the 5th of October in the lower hub. They were selling the crepes for $3 individually, $5 if you bought two. All of the money they raised at the sale goes to their Quebec field trip, and the sale also gave Morgan students an opportunity to try the French dish.

French students were at school as early as 6:45 am to set up the sale, and every single member of the club had a hand in making the crepes, even if they were not there to sell them. The reason the French class needs the money from the sale is that they plan to go on a trip to the French city of Quebec. The crepe sale was meant to cover a portion of the bus fare cost and other expenses.

Using the money that they raised, the French class has plans to go to Quebec March 8-11, 2018. In Quebec, the class has some ideas of what they can do in the French city. “We are going on a tour by a company, and we get to visit museums, go to cultural parts of downtown, a little shopping, of course, go to restaurants, see landmarks, and other things like that that are exciting,” said French teacher Laura Martino.

The crepe sale’s main purpose was to lower the cost of the trip to Quebec for each individual student in French, a goal that was reached with every crepe sold. Hopefully, the class sold enough crepes to significantly lower the individual cost of the trip for each person.

The French class has a fun field trip ahead of them, and if it all goes well maybe next year they can visit again. “Hopefully every couple years we’ll go somewhere. And it may not be Quebec- next time, maybe Montreal or even France if it comes back in the zones,” said Mrs. Martino. Considering how well the crepes tasted on October 5th, there should not be many complaints about a French fundraiser for a second trip.