New Teachers’ First Year

Written by Marie Kane |
Photos by first-semester PawPrint staff

There are three new teachers who became part of the Morgan staff this year: Ms. Lynch, Mrs. Mularski, and Mrs. Martino.

Mrs. Martino

World language teacher Laura Martino describes her first year here as a whirlwind. “New experiences, working with high school students again after working with elementary school students for the past ten years, new books, lessons, colleagues to get to know, but a good experience this first year.” What she enjoys the most about teaching here is “teaching French again after just teaching Spanish over the past ten years.”

Ms. Lynch

Mathematics teacher Jessica Lynch said that her first year at Morgan was great.  This was her first year teaching. “I think that the atmosphere here is very positive, and there is a real sense of community.  I couldn’t have asked for better faculty or students to work with.” Ms. Lynch likes teaching here because there is a real sense of family here. “You can tell that everyone works hard and helps each other out when someone is struggling.  I don’t think that you get that kind of positive environment at other schools.” 

Her favorite memories from Morgan this year were the different fundraisers that were put on, such as Dodge for a Difference and Swoosh for Change. “It was a lot of fun getting to see the students outside the classroom while raising a lot of money for a good cause!  I think that all the spectators and participants had a great time!” She found out about the job from one of her relatives that lives around here. “When I interviewed, I immediately felt a positive vibe from the people I talked to, so I knew it would be a great place to work.”

Since sixth grade, Ms. Lynch knew she wanted to be a teacher. “I had a teacher that was very creative and always found ways to make positive connections with his students.  He taught me how to make math fun and interactive rather than just a bunch of problems on a worksheet.  He was the one that made me realize how exciting and rewarding a job could be in education.” Ms. Lynch liked all of the subjects that she teaches but enjoyed pre-algebra the most. “I really liked the material that we covered and felt that we were able to be very creative with it.”

Freshman Sam Martin likes how there’s only one homework assignment per week for her math class with Ms. Lynch. Sam likes math better this year than last year because in her class, they “don’t sit around all period.” Sam said that Ms. Lynch is better and nicer than her math teacher from last year.

Mrs. Mularski

Digital imaging, video production, creative writing, and literature teacher Jessica Mularski says her first year at Morgan was really amazing. “Morgan is a really special place, and I am so happy to work here. I love that the school really is like a family.  Everyone has been so nice and caring and friendly.  It’s a great place to come to work every day.” Her favorite memory is either going to NYC with Digital Imaging, or it was listening to F period and viewing the student’s work at the Creative Expo.

My job is a very unique one, and not many schools offer it, so when my husband sent me the job posting,  I was very excited to apply.” Mrs. Mularski has a lot of experience as a teacher. “I’ve been teaching for eleven  years- six as an English Teacher, three as a Library Media Specialist, one as a Technology Coach, and one as an Integrated Media Arts Teacher (my favorite job so far!)” In her senior year of college after working in Bridgeport Public Schools, she decided to be a teacher. “I love helping people learn and reach their full potential.  I think that education makes people happier and enriches life, and I like to be a part of that.” Mrs. Mularski loves to teach Digital Imaging and Video Production but also loves teaching creative writing and literature.

These teachers will continue contributing to the positive atmosphere at Morgan.