Sports Aftermath

r
r

By: Jake Anselmo

Morgan Volleyball 2016

The 2017 Sports seasons are coming to an end. For many athletes, this will be their last time playing organized sports. However, there are a few who will be taking their talents to the next level in college. Playing sports in college is a huge commitment and is very time consuming, but these kids will be ready for the challenge. 

Senior John Urban will be playing baseball at Avery Point UConn next year.“ I’m very excited and glad I have the opportunity to take my favorite sport to the next level.

Senior Madden Ward will also be playing college baseball at Salve Regina.  “ I’m looking forward to it. It’s going to be different, but it will be another challenge in my life, trying to earn a spot my freshman year. Cooper Thompson senior pitcher for Morgan will be playing for  Sacred Heart University which is a Division one school. Cooper said, ” The biggest difference from high school to college sports will be time management and the amount of work I put in.”

Senior volleyball player Sydney Chomicz will be attending ECSU. Sydney said, ” I’m looking forward to the experience and meeting new people”.