Eating Healthy: The Benefits

By Emma Wentworth |

As we all know, there are some foods that are nearly impossible to avoid.  These foods usually contain lots of sugars and calories.  We all need to try our hardest to stay away, though!  There are 3 main rules to follow:
    1. Moderation
    2. Drink more water
    3. At least 30 minutes of exercise daily
    I’m not saying you need to stop eating in general, just to watch what you eat!  A diet doesn’t mean you have to stop eating the foods you love. It means you have to eat what you love in moderation.  For example, let’s say you get a craving for a brownie; instead of eating the whole brownie just have a bite or two!  I love Doritos but I only have 100 calories worth a day, if that. This will satisfies my craving with less calorie intake.  Also make sure to add fruits and vegetables to your daily intake.  “Fruits and vegetables will make you feel more awake and lively,” Mrs. Nunan said.
    I personally am not a fan of water; I feel as though it has no taste.  After learning how important water is for your body, I have started to drink about 8 glasses a day.  I also started drinking water instead of juices which apparently makes a huge difference.  I feel much more energized.  Even if you add crystal light to your water, make sure you drink some! You could be surprised at what a difference drinking water will make.
    Exercise (plus a healthy diet) will make your body and mind feel very refreshed.  Even just taking a dog for a walk is good for you! Cardio is the best exercise because it basically involves your whole body!  Even just walking is great for you!  As often as I can I wake up early and take my dogs for nice 20 minute walks.  I also go to the gym whenever possible and do cardio 75% of the time and weight 25% of the time.
    Mr. Siciliano, the Food Service Director here at Morgan, told me that the school lunches are healthy!  There is a certain protocol the foods/ drinks have to meet to be able to be sold to the students.  For example most of the chips available to us are either baked or 100 calories per pack.  The fruits are all fresh! “Fresh fruits are more expensive, but they’re so much healthier for the students which is extremely important.”
    If you follow these few simple guidelines, you will feel more awake and be much happier!

• M

MalissaSep 15, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Hello there! I know this is somedwhat off toic
      but I was wondering which blog platform are you using
      for this website? I’m getting tired of WordPress bechause I’ve
      had issues with hackers and I’m looking at
      options for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point mee in the direction of a good platform.

• H

http://negoziobomboniere.it/Jan 17, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic however I’d figured I’d ask.
      Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa?
      My website addresses a lot of the same subjects as yours
      and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.
      If you are interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you!

Excellent blog by the way!

• C

ClarkJan 9, 2013 at 7:18 am

Hey there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so
      I came to look it over. I’m definitely enjoying the information. I’m bookmarking and will
      be tweeting this to my followers! Outstanding blog and great design.

• H

healthygirlandthecityDec 19, 2012 at 9:26 am

water definitely grows on your after awhile…it probably took me almost 6 months to get into the habit of drinking it plain, and now it’s all i really drink (other than green tea) 🙂