Put On Your Sunday Clothes

Written by Gavin Carlisle |
Photos by Abbey Norton |

With a new Morgan comes new and exciting musicals. The first musical to be performed at the new Morgan School was Hello, Dolly! The showtimes were Thursday, March 16th at 7:00; Friday, March 17th at 7:00; Saturday, March 18th at 7:00; and Sunday, March 19th at 2:30. The musical took place in The Morgan School auditorium on all four days.

There were two casts; one set performed on Thurs./Sat. and one performed on Fri./Sun. Music teacher John Lampe was the Artistic Director, Music teacher Ray Smith was the technical advisor, Diana Dart Harris was the Choreographer, and Elaine Lampe was the business director. The musical was a grand success.

Hello, Dolly! is a comedic musical about a widow, Dolly Levi, who wants to marry a Hay & Feed shop owner, Horace Vandegelder. Cornelius Hackl is Horace’s chief clerk at his shop and Barnaby Tucker is Cornelius’ assistant. They seek adventure and decide to venture to NYC. There, they meet a hat shop owner, Irene Molloy, and her assistant, Minnie Fay. They walk around NYC and decide to eat at Harmonia Gardens, an exquisite restaurant, even though Cornelius and Barnaby are not rich. At the same time, Dolly sets up a meeting between Horace and an eccentric looking girl, Ernestina Money. They decide to eat at Harmonia Gardens as well. During “The Polka Contest”, Horace spots Cornelius and Barnaby who have accidentally switched wallets. Everyone takes a trip to night court where Cornelius professed his love to Irene, and Barnaby professes his love to Minnie. The judge declares everyone as innocent. When Dolly tries to declare her love for Horace, he says he will not marry Dolly, but the next morning Horace admits he could not live without Dolly in his life.

Hello, Dolly! is the last musical that the seniors can perform, and at the end of the Sunday showing, they all took a bow.

The audience openly showed their love for the musical. Freshman Alena Curtis stated, “I think it was really good; the singing was very impressive.”

Freshman Emma Blair expressed, “I am impressed with how well the cast performed.”

Sophomore Dan Radka said, “I thought it was an interesting musical, and it was very entertaining to watch.”

The casts are listed below.

Thurs./Sat.

Mrs. Dolly Gallagher Levi: Karla Rivadeneira

Horace Vandergelder: Matthew Beauvais

Ernestina Money: Rachel Schmardel

Ambrose Kemper: Miles Waterbury

Ermengarde: Samantha Mena

Cornelius Hackl: Brett Martin

Barnaby Tucker: Matthew Ford

Minnie Faye: Abby Morrison

Irene Molloy: Claudia Neddermann

Rudolph Reisenweber: Antonio Tran

Judge: Will Roberts

Fri./Sun.

Mrs. Dolly Gallagher Levi: Sasha Krivosky

Horace Vandergelder: Brendan Elrick

Ernestina: Rachel Schmardel

Ambrose Kemper: Antonio Tran

Ermengarde: Samantha Mena

Cornelius Hackl: Stephen Zumpano

Barnaby Tucker: Max Hurtubise

Minnie Faye: Phoebe Sullivan

Irene Molloy: Sarah Jackson

Rudolph Reisenweber: Miles Waterbury

Judge: Will Roberts