Meghan Lindsay: College Life

Meghan Lindsay- The University of Connecticut where she will be double majoring in Psycology and Physiology/Neurobiology. Meghan chose UCONN because of their beautiful campus, fantastic pre-med track, and their renowned and supportive student body.

Written by Gabby Vigorito and Abby Pitarra |

Graduate Meghan Lindsay is a freshman at UCONN. She chose UConn because it offered her a scholarship, which made her entire college experience very affordable. When she visited the UConn campus, she got a tour, and when she went to Accepted Students Day, she felt as if everyone was very accepting and very excited for her to be there. This is exactly the feeling she wanted to have. She is also a legacy at this school. Her entire family went to UConn, so she said it’s awesome to keep that tradition going.

She has a double major in psychology and physiology/neurobiology with a minor in neMeghan Lindseyuroscience. She is involved in the Husky Ambassador’s Program, the Pre-Medical Society, and she plays pick up lacrosse and intramural soccer.

So far she has had a lot of different opportunities in her academics, study groups, supplemental sessions, extra-curricular activities, intramurals and clubs. She is hoping as the year goes on that she will be able to have more opportunities such as interning or visiting different places.

Meghan says that college life is different. She agrees with people when they say college is nothing like high school. She says college life is very busy, even more so than it was in high school. “In college, you really have to do everything for yourself. You don’t have anyone at your back telling you what to do. It’s all about you; which, is scary but also really exciting. I love college life.”

Her favorite thing about college is all the free time. She likes not sitting in class for seven hours straight and instead being able to take breaks to clear her head. Her least favorite thing is definitely the workload. She says there is so much to do, and it isn’t explicitly stated. “Sometimes it’s hard to know what to do and what not to do, which is hard to understand sometimes.” But what’s great about college is that the people are awesome. She’s made a really tight-knit group of friends, who are some of the greatest people she’s ever met. She describes them by saying “they are so smart, fun, different, and caring; so, I feel like they’ll be around for a while.”

Megan misses everything about Morgan. She thinks it’s a huge transition from something like Morgan into a big place like Uconn. “This school is huge, and I miss seeing people I know everywhere. Here I see new people every time I step outside my dorm, which is insane to me. I miss the family aspect of Morgan and all the friends I had. Oh, and I miss seeing my sister in the hall.”

Some advice she has for the seniors is, “do not wish your senior year away. I know that is so cliche, but just enjoy it while you can.” She says that if she could go back to another football game or play in her last senior night again, she would in a heartbeat. “So, just remember this is the best time of your life, and before you know it, you’ll be starting a whole new life, so don’t forget where you came from and the people who got you there. You will definitely miss it. One last piece of advice, don’t give up on your dreams. I know another cliche, but if you really want something, don’t be afraid to go out and get it.”