Meet Ms.Lynch

Jessica+Lynch
Jessica Lynch

Written by Karla Rivadeneira |
Pictures by Natalie Buchetto and Karla Rivadeneira |

With the beginning of the school year, we welcomed the Class of 2020, new students and four new staff members. Mathematics teacher Jessica Lynch, Media Literacy teacher Jessica Mularski, Spanish/French teacher Laura Martino, and Chinese teacher Emma Liu.

Having a new school makes the transition easier for new teachers because they are not the only ones who are adjusting to the school. Everyone is the new kid in school.

This year the Mathematics Department hired Ms. Lynch, to be the new Mathematics teaMs. Lynchcher. She teaches Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, and Pre-Calculus.

Ms. Lynch is from Newtown, Connecticut and studied at The College of New Jersey. She heard about the job opening here at Morgan because she has family that lives near Clinton.

Here is what she thinks about Morgan and her task of being the JV volleyball coach:

How was your first week at The Morgan School?

“It’s been great so far. Everyone has been really helpful, and the kids have been very responsive. I think everyone is excited about being in the new school, so it has been really easy to fit in”.

What is your favorite part about Morgan?

“The staff and students are very open and friendly, and it has made the atmosphere really positive, and I like that about Morgan”

What is it like being a teacher and a volleyball coach?

“It’s a lot of work. It’s nice to see kids from two different sides. To see them playing volleyball and also seeing them in the classroom and getting to help them become better  in both aspects because sports have always been a part of my life. So it’s nice to spread that enjoyment with other kids.”

Are you excited for the volleyball season this year?

“Definitely. I think we have a lot of potentials and I think it will be a good year”

Sophomore Quinn Pender takes Algebra I with Ms. Lynch as his teacher. He thinks , “She’s a really nice teacher and gets along with kids really well. I think it’s good for her to work in Morgan because there is a positive atmosphere in the school”. 

Ms. Lynch is a wonderful addition to the Morgan Faculty as a Mathematics teacher and a JV volleyball coach.