Mr. Redes: One of a Kind

Written by Willow Pender|

All of you who thought that Mr. Redes was retiring, you are wrong. Mr. Redes has been teaching at Morgan for 31 years and he will continue at the new school.

There was much talk about Mr. Redes retiring in the beginning of the year which upset many students who adore him. Mr. Redes has a unique style of teaching. Health class at the Morgan School is like no other health class. He teaches through telling us life experiences and personal stories instead of just giving boring lectures. Mr. Redes touches the hearts of every student he has ever taught but he has really made an impact on this years seniors and we will all miss him tremendously.

He has taught us all valuable lessons that we will carry with us for the rest of our lives. I asked a few seniors the impact Mr. Redes has made on them over the past 4 years and these are the responses that I got:

Conor CrowlConor Crowley - Long Island Post Universityey said,”His impact on me would be that in order to be happy with yourself you first need to be able to become consciously aware of what bothers you so you can reprogram your subconscious mind so that when you are not paying attention, your mind does not go back to the old subconscious ways.”

Sam Shapiro - Palm Beach State College where he will be majoring in Business Administration. Sam chose this school because his family is moving down there, and he is familiar with the area since he has been going for years. Sam Shapiro said, “He was very influential. I will always use his lessons to help me succeed and be healthy and happy for the rest of my life.”

Chelsea Pacheco said, “He taught me that life comes with challenges and to not giveChelsea Pacheco - Eastern where she will be majoring in Social Work. up and back down. Attack life head on and yes, you’ll make a few mistakes along the way but in the end you’ll have great stories to tell and you will learn from those mistakes.”

Arielle Passante and brothersArielle Passante said, “Mr. Redes had a huge mental impact on me. He is an adult that teaches teens the realities of life. Most adults will distort the truth to try and force a message but that just ends up having no affect. Mr. Redes uses real life experiences and facts to prove his points and urges kids to try and learn from what he is saying. His non-forceful, real teaching style has steered kids in the right direction for years, just like it did for me.”

Mr. Redes has had a huge impact on all of the seniors and without his stories and lessons he taught us, we would not be the people that we are today. Listening to the experiences and stories that he has shared with us have prepared us for the future. He has taught us life lessons that we will always remember and use to guide us down the right paths throughout life. He has guided each and every one of us throughout high school and we can not thank him enough for everything that he has done for us.