Two Small Town Girls Win Cupcake Wars

Written by Emily Sordo and Hannah Gaudet|
Photos by Amber Vuilleumier and Joanne Nunan|

The Morgan tradition of Cupcake Wars is back and everyone is pumped! For those who do not know what Cupcake Wars is, it is when Culinary Arts teacher Joanne Nunan conducts a cupcake competition between her culinary and foods classes. The judges consists of the Morgan faculty and each cook works with another cook to create the most delicious cupcakes in order to win bragging rights and go into a war against even more schools in a regional competition.

The students who participated in this event took B and G period to make the cupcakes and decorate them. On Friday, April 8th, the judges determined the winners of the competition; each of the teams were evaluated from poor to great on appearance, presentation, taste, texture, verbal presentation, recipe difficulty, and the overall cupcake.

Honorable mention for best cupcake appearance was Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Hannah Zirkelbach and Brendan Kyhn. Honorable mention for taste was Drumstick by Anthony Janiszcak, Connor Novarro, and Matt Herrington. The overall winner was Strawberry Shortcake by Deja Fleury and Savannah Shafman who will represent The Morgan School in the regionals on May 13th here at Morgan against Madison, HK, Milford, and possibly Valley. Congrats to all the winners!