Eagle Scouts at Morgan

Written by Jessica Green and Gabriella Vigorito |

An Eagle Scout is the highest level of  Boy Scouts. To become an Eagle Scout you have to:

• FullSizeRenderBe active in your troop, team, crew, or ship for a period of at least 6 months, after you have achieved the rank of Life Scout.
    • Demonstrate that you live by the principles of the Scout Oath and Scout Law in your daily life. List on your Eagle Scout Rank Application the names of individuals who know you personally and would be willing to provide a recommendation on your behalf, including parents/guardians, religious, educational, and employer references.
    • Earn at least 21 merit badges.    Student Sam Moran

Source by National Eagle Scout Association 

• 100 people hours is the general time length to become an Eagle Scout, that means that a total of all hours worked by all people equals 100
    • Send out requests for letters of recommendation
    • Pick 3 people who you know well and have been a mentor to you

Source by How to Become an Eagle Scout

Junior Sam Moran is an Eagle Scout. His role in his troop is to help young scouts learn all IMG_2996kinds of skills and to give them guidance. He currently has 2IMG_30021 badges, and he attends meetings every Thursday at the Methodist Church.  His Eagle Scout project was  building kayak racks near the Clinton Marina to make it easier for people to transfer their kayaks in and out out of water.   

Junior Aidan Esposito has 32 merit badges. His Eagle Scout project was to dig a trench and put piping/wires through it so electricians could come to Pierson and help with the electricity.  He also does Scouts to help oIMG_3003ut the community, plan trips, and for something to do in his free time.

Senior Andrew Tessman earned a total of 54 badges, and his job is to help out younger scouts achieve what he has already achieved and act as a leader in the troop.  For his Eagle Scout project he rebuilt the gazebo in front of Pierson.     Andrew is in troop 7 and councils at J.N. Webster Scout Reservation 

Congratulations to all the boys that made it to be an Eagle Scout!