How to Succeed in a Musical

Written by Shelby Alfano |

Every year, once a year, The Morgan School puts on a show, more precisely, a Morgan Musical. This year, the Morgan Musical is  How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying. The Morgan Musical is from Thursday, March 19-Sunday, March 22 at 7:00 in the auditorium at The Morgan School. Tickets for the performance are $15.00.

How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying is a tune-filled comedy which follows the rise of J. Pierrepont Finch who uses a little handbook titled “How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying” to climb the corporate ladder from low-ranking window washer to high-powered executive. How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying includes a cooperative “company  man”, backstabbing co-workers, caffeine addictions, and true love. It is a ridicule of big business.

Music teacher Mr. John Lampe is the force behind the Morgan Musical. He is the artistic director of the Morgan Musical. This includes teaching the music, staging the production, and overseeing everything.

While interviewing Mr. Lampe about the cast, he said, “They’re quite a cast. It is a group of very talented young adults” and they are “energetic and driven”. Mr, Lampe can’t  do the musicals by himself. He receives help from  “my wife Elaine, Diana Harris, and Science teacher Colleen Whittel “.

In order to have a role in How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying, all of the participants had to raise $150 for the Patron Drive. The Patron Drive is a fundraiser that directly supports student activities, including all athletic teams, drama, music, yearbook, and the school newspaper.Sophomore Sarah Jackson

There are two leads in How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying.

Sophomore Sarah Jackson plays the female lead as Rosemary. She said, “I am so excited to have gotten this part. I wanted it so badly, and I practiced a lot, and I ended up getting her!” She hasn’t done a musical for Morgan, but she said, “I’ve been in three musicals before, but they were when I was younger. Since you practice a lot, you get into a routine of practicing over and over so when you get on stage it’s not very scary”.

Junior Mateo Zumpano plays the male lead as J. Pierrepont Finch. He said, “I’m glad I got the role and I’m excited to take it on and do the best I can. I used to get a little nervous, but now it doesn’t bother me, and I’m confident in how I will perform.” He has done a production like this before for Morgan, but he says, “I feel like I’ll be prepared enough so that I don’t have to be nervous.”

The complete cast list is below:

Name Name Role
Mateo Zumpano Charlie Bencivengo J. Pierrepont Finch
Trent Gulliford Mr. Gatch
Brett Martin Mr. Jenkens
Miles Waterbury Mr. Tackaberry
Stephen Zumpano Mr. Peterson
Brendan Khyn Mr. Smalley
Andrew Tran Andrew Tessman JB Biggley
Claudia Nedderman Sarah Jackson Rosemary
Jaxson Cooper Mr. Bratt
Karli Robertson Bailey Shea Smitty
Brendan Elrick Chase Le May Bud Frump
Olivia Giannotti Jenna Jasinski Ms. Jones
Seth Warner Joe Luchuk Mr. Twimble
Meghan Lindsay Sasha Krivosky Hedy LaRue
Karla Rivadeneira Alyssa Robinson Ms. Krumholtz
Santiago Hebert Mr. Toynbee
Connor Jackson Mr. Ovington
Sam Shapiro Jadan Washington Mr. Womper

Name Role
Taylor Bernier Secretary
Lauren Bousquet Secretary
Kayla Burt Secretary
Tiana Chrans Secretary
Rachel Ford Secretary
Lindsay Harden Secretary
Kannaporn Janjula Secretary
Paige Koziy Secretary
Darcy LaFrance Secretary
Abigail Morrison Secretary
Cara Morello Secretary
Samantha Pansa Secretary
Juliana Ragonese Secretary
Carly Schmeidler Secretary
Meghan Schulze Secretary
Mark Lancia Mailroom Clerk
Tyler Manemeit Mailroom Clerk
Will Roberts Mailroom Clerk

• P

patrickmarkovicsFeb 23, 2015 at 8:24 am

Very informative. I like how you told all the roles of the people!