Food Network Here They Come!

Food Network Here They Come!

[slideshow]

Photos via ClintonPublic

Written by Kristine Adams |

On April 27, Mrs. Nunan’s 3rd annual very competitive Cake Wars event was held.  Eight groups participated in this event, a total of 30 students.  The students were responsible for choosing their own recipe and letting Mrs.Nunan know the needed supplies. The students had one class to make the cake and a double period to decorate it. The competition was tough. There were three winners:  third place- Alexa Adams and Danielle Bristol, second place -Emma Fanelli, Kirsten Hansen, Debbie Foster, and Kate Eveland, and in  first place – Lily Delaura Amanda Garbinski and Kaitlin Conway. Alexa and Danielle made a fabulous cake in a short amount of time, which was difficult for them. They believe their cake is unique because they combined what they love about dessert in one cake. For the cake in second place, Kate, Emma Kirsten and Debbie were inspired by a garden themed cake which is why they colored the fondant green with fondant flowers. And lastly but not least was the very elegant cake with strawberries on top finished off with a delicate red bow on the side. According to Lily and Amanda the hardest part was putting the white fondant on. All the winners said the most challenging part of the contest was time management. Congratulations girls on your delicious cakes.