Lou Bedini @ The Morgan School

Written by Aj Rai
Photos by AJ Rai and Maddi Roman

On May 21, 2014, Mr. Cole invited the Universal Technical Institute, Inc to The Morgan School to share information about the Institute’s programs with students in technical education classes at Morgan. Universal Technical Institute, Inc, founded in 1965, is a “for-profit” nationwide educator which specializes in automative, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle, and marine technicians. UTI has relationships with approximately 30 EOM manufactures, such as Ford, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota, Cummins, and Harley-Davidson.

Lou Bedini, an admission counselor at UTI, came to The Morgan School to talk about the school and the programs they offer. The school offers many programs that could potentially be turned into careers. Lou Bedini stated that UTI can offer, “A great career in as little as 10 to 17 months.” Mr. Bedini also spoke about building a decision making process on schools and careers based on a students’ interests. Mr. Bedini  was very appreciative of the respect and enthusiasm that students had for the subject of transportation. He stated, ” I appreciate the opportunity to share the industry with the students, and I was very impressed with the enthusiasm. I would also like to say: Thank You Mr. Cole for the opportunity.”

UTI 2

After speaking about the institute, he led the students outside for a presentation about the types of programs the school offers.  Lou Bedini’s colleague showed the students the types of motorcycles students would be working on. He also showed them one of the many car projects that students would work on in order to graduate from the program.

lou bedini

According to the brochure’s distributed by Mr. Bedini, the programs offered by Universal Technical Institute include:

Automotive Technology – A 51-week automotive technology training program as well as Manufacturer-Specific Advanced Training (MSAT) from partners including BMW, Porsche and Nissan

Diesel/Industrial Technology – A 45 week course focused on teaching students about class 3-8 diesel truck, including air brakes, fuel systems and power trains and advanced diagnostic systems.The course includes transport refrigeration and hydraulic applications. UTI Partners with manufacturers such as Freightliner, International, and Detroit Diesel.

Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology – A 51 week course based on the “I-CAR Enhanced Delivery” industry standard and is ASE/NATEF Master certified in five industry standard areas of auto body repair.

• V

vuongtruong12Jun 3, 2014 at 8:18 am

This article is amazing! I enjoyed reading it AJ and keep it up good work.

• D

dahlberg32Jun 1, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Great article! This seemed like a great opportunity for kids to learn about something they love and about career options. I had no idea they were coming to the school so I think it was cool to cover the event.