A Founder Returns

Written by Leah Campano |

The success of the Morgan PawPrint can be largely credited to the site’s first webmaster and co-founder, Evan Doolittle.  During Evan’s time on the PawPrint staff, he embraced a number of responsibilities.  He headlined the creation of the blog, tracked down an apt site to host the PawPrint, and designed the current layout of the site.  Evan also administered the Facebook page, Twitter, e-mail, and categorized and tagged pending articles – jobs that are now dispersed among many members of the PawPrint staff.

Evan is currently a student at Seton Hall University.  His expertise with technology granted him the abilities to successfully serve his role as technical producer of The Global Currents Radio Show, an international news radio show that airs in the New York City area every Sunday morning at 8 a.m.

English and Journalism teacher Leslie Chausse said, “Two years ago when I told the new Journalism class that they would be designing a new online newspaper for The Morgan School, I wasn’t sure what to expect. Evan immediately became invested in the project.  He spent many hours researching the best format of the site. He learned the WordPress platform and helped his classmates and me navigate the site.”  Evan was an influential member of the PawPrint team, and contributed a number of insightful articles.  For example, his article, A Divided Town, But a New Morgan, interviewed a number of residents during the new school referendum vote, and pinpointed a student’s perspective on a local issue.

Evan Doolittle in his senior year
Evan Doolittle in his senior year

On March 13th, Evan returned to assist in revamping the PawPrint site.  For you avid PawPrint readers, you may notice some small changes to the blog; for example, the removal of the black box that directed readers to various categorized articles. Now, if you wish to find a certain article, you can type in the title or topic in the search box.  We also set up an Instagram account, which is displayed on the front page of the site, and will capture memorable moments at The Morgan School.  

In the future, we hope to implement more extensive changes to the PawPrint site.  For example, we hope to set up a twitter feed on the side of our front page that picks up the hashtag, #morganpawprint, which would allow us to see what students are talking about at games or on current issues at The Morgan School.  It would also be nice to set up a box on the side of the blog where scores will be continuously updated during sporting events.

Do you wish to see anything else on the Morgan PawPrint?  Let us know at [email protected].