Girls Basketball Shoreline Finals

Written by Maddie Davenport|
Photos by Maddie Davenport and Clara Franzoni|

On Friday February 28, Morgan Girls Basketball took on the East Hampton Bellringers at Old Saybrook High School for the title of 2020 Shoreline Champions. It was a tough game, but in the end the Bellringers took the game with a score of 32-16. The Clinton community is very proud of the girls for staying strong throughout the game. Though shorelines may be over, we still have to support the Morgan Girls basketball team during the state games.

Despite the loss, Morgan truly won as a community. The incredible spirit shocked everyone as most of the school’s students, teachers, and parents came to support the girls. The Dog Pound, dressed in all black, cheered louder than ever. It was truly a sight to see the community come together as one. We are Morgan, We are family. Let’s support the Girls at their state quarterfinals against Stonington on March 5 at 5:30 in The Morgan gym. After, head over to Polson Middle School in Madison to cheer on the boys basketball team as they take on Old Lyme in the Boys Basketball Shoreline Finals at 7:30.