‘18 Sam Hauser

Written by Marie Kane |
Photos by Sam Hauser |

2018 graduate Sam Hauser is at The University of Miami in Ohio as an undeclared major. Sam HauserHe chose this college because as soon as he stepped foot onto campus, Sam had a good feeling.  He said,”It also has the most beautiful campus there ever was.”

The best part of college for Sam is  “not having to go through eight continuous hours of school a day.” He also enjoys not only the independence but also college girls. Sam felt more than prepared to graduate: “My mental maturity was ready to leave high school.” Sam explained how senior year, his classes were really annoying. This Sam Hauserwas because of all the work he had to do, especially in English. “It’s extremely similar to my classes at college so they prepared me.”

Sam wishes he knew how extremely difficult the first semester of college is. “If you can get through it, it’s smooth sailing from there.” Sam was excited for graduation and once he did graduate, he was relieved and felt accomplished for all his hard work that had paid off. If he could go back to high school to change one thing, it would be something about his appearance: “It’d be to go back to my senior year to tell myself to get a haircut and shave and look like a decent human being.”

Sam HauserHe misses seeing his friends every day and eating lunch with them. He said, “You take it for granted when you’re away at college and don’t get to see your buddies.” Sam gave a shoutout to world language teacher Laura Luther. Not only was she what Sam would call “a phenomenal teacher,” but also a “great and inspiring human being as well.” Sam explained how Senora Luther was willing to write his letter of recommendation even though she had multiple others to write.

Sam described high school with the word “finesse” while describing college with the world “focus.” He shared a funny moment from high school of when assistant principal Tyler Webb would have to “confiscate infinite juuls because kids keep getting more.” Sam Hauser

In ten years, Sam sees himself being a fitness model. “If you have a dream, pursue it and chip away at it everyday.” He explained the importance of not being afraid to be completely honest with people and to listen to our emotions. Sam’s advice to the Class of 2019 is to “finish strong and look good everyday.”