Welcome to Morgan Mrs. Harris

written by: Hope Vecca |
photo by: Hope Vecca |

Mrs. Harris is one of the new teachers here at Morgan. She is very excited to be teaching special education for grade 9-12. Mrs. Harris has been teaching for 20 years.  Sixteen of those years she taught at  Clinton Public School (CPS) including both Joel and Morgan.

She has taught preschool, special education preschool, and  k-3. She has also been the summer school coordinator.

One of the first things she said she noticed about Morgan other than the size of the building is “how welcoming friendly, and positive the atmosphere is here, and the community’s growth mindset.” Her favorite part about being a teacher is when a young child lights up because they finally understand a concept. 

Mrs. Harris has lived in Connecticut all her life and went to high school at Daniel Hand in Madison. She eventually got her masters for special education at Southern Connecticut State University. 

Some of her hobbies are exercising, gardening, and anything outdoors or involving nature. When she is not teaching she enjoys spending time with her family and friends or doing something outdoors.