Football Fights Back at Home

Written by Emily Davis and Taylor Marnett|

The Huskies faced HK for their first home game on Friday, September 22nd. Before the game, both the coach and captains talked to us about their thoughts on the game.  Head coach Pete Nye had a difficult time predicting the game, however, his final thought was “Optimistic.” Senior Captain Isaac Eriksen stated his thoughts by reciting the quote, “Greater love has no one than to this: to lay down one’s life for one’s brother”(John 15:13). He explained his reasoning for using this quote when he said, “It means that no matter if we win or lose, we’ll do it as a team and a brotherhood.” Sadly the Huskies faced a defeat against the Cougars with a final score of 21-7.

Many players on Morgan Football this year have gotten injured, and quite a few couldn’t participate in this game. Junior quarterback Deven Talarczsk took a hit in the fourth quarter when the score was 14-7. Deven said, “I dove on a bad snap, and after the whistle blew, another kid dove in and hit me in the head and messed up my neck”. Deven had to be pulled out of the game when junior JP Nye got put in as quarterback. Deven had to be out for the whole next week for a possible concussion, so JP also played QB in their next game as well.

The Huskies play their next three games at home, the first one being Friday, October 6th, against Nonnewaug. Hopefully, they will “pull the sled” and take home a win! Good luck to the Morgan boys!