Cold Blooded Creatures To Be Held at Morgan June 8th

Written by Calvin Jackson and Kitty Shortt|
Photos by Kitty Shortt|
Animals courtesy of Mr.Luther |

On Thursday, June 8th from 5:30 pm -6:15 pm, the AP Biology classes will host the Fourth Annual Cold Blooded Creatures reptile show at The Morgan School.  The students want to invite anyone who would like to come to learn about the reptiles.

The juniors and seniors of The Morgan School who take AP Biology are preparing the show with the guidance of Biology teacher and Science and Mathematical Program Chair Christopher Luther. For the past three years, Mr. Luther and his AP students have put on a reptile show, “Cold-Blood Creatures.” In the past, they have traveled to the various schools of the Clinton Public School System to present the animals to younger children. This year, the venue will be structured differently. Instead of the band of students and reptiles traveling from school to school, they will be hosting a one-night event at The Morgan School that will be open to anyone.

Mr. Luther explained,  “We’re changing the format. So instead of going to multiple schools, we’re making it an open house event open to the public.”  The aim of changing the event to one night at one location is to draw more people in from all over the community, not just the younger students from the individual schools like in the past.

Morgan students have seen posters all over the school advertising for the fun night filled with creatures. Although there is no admission cost to attend the event, the Morgan students will be collecting food donations at the door. Amanda LaRiviere, a Morgan senior who is participating in the event is excited, and said, “We’re advertising a lot, and I think the fact that we are collecting items for the food pantry will draw some attention to the event.” Amanda said, “We all get our own creatures, and mine is the leopard gecko, and I’m excited to learn more about it and show it off to all the kids.”  The AP students look forward to sharing the reptiles and a video they made about the creatures.

To see photos from last years’ event, check out our article Third Times a Charm: Cold Blooded Creatures.

Mark your calendars and join the AP students on  Thursday, June 8th in the lower hub of The Morgan School at 5:30 pm.