Hunt Or Be Hunted: Assasins 2017

Written by Jake Anselmo |

Starting on May 2, 2017, the senior class will be participating in a ritual game called Assassins. Every year in the beginning of May, seniors team up with another person to try to eliminate their designated targets.The entry fee is five dollars per person, and the winners take the pot. To eliminate their target, they must hit them using a water gun.

There are many limitations as to where an assassin can get someone out and when. For example, school property is off limits as well as sports fields during practice or games. The time limitations are from 7:00 a.m to 2:30 p.m. Anytime before or after is fair game. This game requires strategic moves and communication between the partners to be successful, and although it may cause tension between friends, it is all fun and games.

Abbey Norton is taking the initiative and running the Morgan Assassins’ funding as well as the social media account. Abbey decided to run Assassins because “I’ve always wanted to play it as a freshman, and I knew if someone else didn’t volunteer, we wouldn’t be able to play this year.”