Project Grad 2017

Written by Abbey Norton |

Every year Seniors go out with a bang, all because of Project Grad.

Sarah Diaz and Meagan Quinn

Project Grad is the final night to spend time with all of your classmates. Parents of the Seniors join together and design a party for the class that lasts all night after graduation. The venue is a secret for the Seniors, and although there are always rumors, the kids are surprised when they finally arrive.

Some parents are very dedicated to creating the best night possible. Some of the parents include Christy Abbatello, Cheryl Elrick, Erin Gaudet, Kim Jenkins, and Tracey Norton.

Alumni of Morgan said going to Project Grad was worth it. Meagan Quinn of the Class of 2015 said, “I loved Project Grad. It was a really euphoric feeling to finally be done with school and then to be immediately shipped off with all the people I’d grown up with to go celebrate. It was tiring for sure, but definitely worth it.”

Maina Carey

Were the secretly-planned events exciting? Maina Carey of the Class of 2016 said that “there was a lot to do, and it was exciting and sad at the same time. My favorite thing about Project Grad was probably the activity where we were locked in a room or the foam pit because that was interesting.”

Should the Seniors even go? Is it really that important to your high school experience? Emily Thibodeau of the Class of 2014 said, “I didn’t think I would consider Project Grad to be such a special event from that year, but I do. Spend some time with your fellow graduates, and make some memories.”

Project Grad holds fundraisers. One such fundraiser was on Saturday, April 1st at the Clinton Fire Department on East Main Street. Students such as Autumn Johnson, George Limosani, and Mackenzie Miller served pasta to guests. There was a raffle following dinner. Only a few community members attended. The next fundraiser will be a tag sale on Saturday, April 15th at Jared Eliot Middle School. Please attend to make the event successful!