One of The Undiscovered: Kaitlyn Maurais

As of 4/22, here are the students who have signed up

Written by Ashley Miller|

The topic of the undiscovered talents here at The Morgan School is back! A lot of people have no idea of the behind the scenes talents at Morgan, and that needs to change.
    Junior Kaitlyn Maurais has been dancing for fifteen years, ever since she was two. She dances at Backstage Dance Center in Killingworth CT three days a week for 8-10 hours. With lots of hard work and devotion, she managed to win a total of four important titles.

-2010 DMA Jr Miss Dance of CT (at 10 years old)
    2012 DMA Jr Miss Dance of CT (at 12 years old, placed top 10 @ DMA National Convention)
    -2014 DMA Teen Miss D2014titleholders-261x300ance of CT (at 14 years old)
    -2016 Miss Dance of CT (at 16 years old)
    When she won the title of  Miss Dance of Connecticut she had friends by her side living it with her. Kaitlyn said, “It was a dream come true.” She’s competed against many accomplished dancers throughout her Nationals competition. One of her friends went on to perform in Hairspa2629640664238b82316acc014a10426ray Live. Another one was a semifinalist on America’s Got Talent.  One girl dances on Dance Moms and two girls are currently performing Rockets.

Kaitlyn is on the competitive team for jazz, tap and lyric group dances She enjoys hip-hop, jazz, lyrical, tap and others. She only competes with tap solo. In the past, she has worked with jazz and lyrical for her solos, but tap is still her main dance. This year she is working on tap solo called “La Vie en Rose” (Life in Pink).

kaitlynShe hopes to continue to improve her performances.
    Sophomore Gabriella Vigorito believes Kaitlyn will continue on with dance and become very successful. Gabby said, “She’s really good at tap, and her solos are good. I think she should definitely continue her dancing career throughout college.”