Get Your Head in The Game: Winter Edition

Written by Isaac Eriksen and Erin LeViness|
Video by Isaac Eriksen and Erin LeViness|

This winter’s sports teams are made up of six teams: girls and boys basketball, wrestling, fencing, indoor track, and gymnastics. Each team plans to succeed this year with the help of the captains and key players.

The captains for girls basketball are senior Shannon Maher, senior Sydney Chomicz, junior Brianna Navarra and junior Madison Seeger. The team might have some difficulties losing their hall of fame coach, Coach Grippo.  The new coach, Caitlin Woods, a teacher from Jared Eliot Middle School, seems to be promising for the coaching role. The seniors on the team are Shannon Maher, Sydney Chomicz, Hannah Scarpace, Kate Driscoll.

Boys basketball captains are Jake Anselmo. The seniors on the team are Jake Anselmo, John Veneri, John Urban, Dom Reynolds.

The wrestling captain for this season is senior Ivan Villanueva. He is the only senior on the team this year.  The Rat Pack includes juniors Austin Daley, Trevor Follo, Andrew Fortuna, and Isaac Eriksen

Fencing captains are senior Julia Horan and senior Olivia Digiandomenico. The seniors on the team are Liam Gordon, Meridith Reynolds, Julia Horan, and Olivia Digiandomeico

Indoor Track doesn’t have captains. The seniors are Alyssa Robinson, Julia Zirkelbach, Tori Barron, Nate Hornyak, Burton Caldwell, Zach McCray.

Morgan Gymnastics consists of junior Haley Smith, the only Morgan student on the team.

[wpvideo 29ub4JHV]