Brunettes Do It Better

Written by Erin LeViness and Isaac Eriksen |
Photos by Erin LeViness and Isaac Eriksen |

The fourth annual Powder Puff game has come to an end.  There have been some tears of joy and tears of sorrow.  These girls put their heart and soul into the practices leading to this game, and they delivered.  The Brunettes came out victorious. The final score was 21-14.

It was a high-intensity game with breath rising in the air while snow was falling onto the field.  The 12 male student cheerleaders delivered as well with their annual half-time show.  Their coach Library Media Specialist Shannon  Robinson choreographed their routine. They did amazing for the limited amount of time they practiced.  Dressed in pink pom-poms and gray powder puff shirts, the cheerleaders impressed the crowd that went wild with laughter and cheers.

[wpvideo qEr38LzN]

Some crowd members shared their enthusiasm for this tremendous game.  Junior Falyn McQuarrie said, “This game is really cold but fun. I want to play next year #gobrunettes”. Freshman Taylor Wyatt said, “it’s really cold, but it’s really funny”. Junior Madison Seeger said, “I think it is a great time to socialize with friends because I have not been to many games”.

The game was exciting and entertaining, but the wind chill was 38 degrees, and in the middle of the game, there was even a light snow.

This fundraiser raised about $800. This event was run by the senior class, their officers, President Marcus McDermott, Vice President Dashaun James, Secretary Karla Rivadeneira, Public Relations Jarrett Talarczyk and their class advisor, Mrs. Robinson.

This is a list of all players and cheerleaders.