Love is in the Air

Ms. Rizzo at her desk, happily engaged!
Written by Rebecca Raab |

It is exciting to hear that a handful of teachers are soon to be married. Since there are many teachers, it feels as if there is love in the air at The Morgan School. By listening to their stories, I was able to see how happy and excited they all are. The five teachers that are engaged are Ms. Rizzo, Ms. Frydenborg, Ms. Healy, Ms. DelGrego, and Ms. LaTerra. When I was talking to each of them, it was adorable how excited they all are and how happy they are to talk about their future life with their spouse. I asked each of them  the same questions:

1. How long have you been with your fiancé?
  2. How did you propose, or get proposed to?
  3. Do you have a venue?
  4. If so, why did you pick that certain place?
  5. What is your favorite part of planning the wedding?

The first question I asked the teachers was how long they have been with their fiancé? It was interesting to see these numbers because they were different. Ms. DelGrego and her fiancé have been together for 9 months, Ms. Rizzo for a year, Ms. Healy for a year and a half, Ms. LaTerra for two years and  Ms. Frydenborg for  the longest amount of time — 5 years.

All of these love struck ladies have a specific story about the proposal. Ms. DelGrego was proposed to at Lake George on the Fourth of July. She and her fiancé were in a row-boat, and just about when the fireworks ended, they talked about their relationship. Little did she know that by the end of the night, she would be newly engaged. One of the best parts of being engaged is getting the ring, and it was funny because her fiancé would not give her the ring until they returned back to shore. Ms. DelGrego’s story on the proposal was really romantic and took place in the perfect “movie-like” setting. Ms. Rizzo’s story was also romantic and cute. They were at Point Pleasant, which is a cliff overlooking the ocean in Branford, CT. Her fiancé had her read a plaque that was there dedicated to a teacher, and once she turned around, he was on his knee ready to propose. Point Pleasant was also the location for the engagement pictures, which makes them special and connected to the place where it all started.  Also, Ms. LaTerra was proposed to in a special, unforgettable way. In the morning at a lake house where she grew up, her fiance proposed to her. He explained that this was not how he planned it, but it still turned out to be perfect. The location and timing was perfect because this was at a lake house where Ms. LaTerra grew up, and her whole family was able to experience it with her as well. Ms. LaTerra has a love for lakes, and now they will also have another special place in her heart.

Ms. Frydenborg’s plan for her wedding is different from the other teachers’ plans and sounds exotic! She and her fiancé want to go to the Sandals Resort in St. Lucia for the ceremony, but when they return there will be a party with family and friends to celebrate the married couple. This destination wedding will be a memorable one, filled with awesome memories for them that will last a lifetime. I personally like how they are choosing to do something different in a tropical setting instead of a  ceremony here! Ms. Frydenborg said she wanted to do this because they both hate winter and love the resort there. I hope they have a fantastic time and what better place to get married than on a tropical island? Ms. Healy said that her fiance and she chose the Aqua Turf in Southington for the reception, and St. Mary’s in Clinton for the ceremony. They went with the Aqua Turf because they have had prior memories there and experienced the great food and service. Therefore they knew they would not be disappointed. Her fiance’s father is actually the chef there which makes it even more special.

The best part leading up to the wedding day is the anticipation as well as the planning. Ms. Rizzo’s favorite part of the process would have to be that her fiancé is involved with making the decisions just as much as she is. She said she cannot wait to share this special day with all their loved ones although she is most looking forward to spending the rest of her life with her fiancé. Ms. Healy on the other hand says she is enjoying the cake tasting the best! I know that when I think of weddings, I think of the party afterwards with the extravagant cake. I wonder what type she will pick and what it will look like? Hopefully it is delicious!

• M

Ms. HealeyOct 1, 2012 at 8:29 am

Nice article Becca!