Victory for High School Bowl

The Morgan High School Bowl starting players

Written by Meghan Schulze |

The Morgan High School Bowl team is a “varsity sport of the mind”. Students involved in the club answer challenging trivia questions and must press a buzzer to answer.

During the season, the team competes in 10 matches. Only 4 members of the team compete at one time.

Before recruiting about 11 students with the help of English teacher Julie Frydenborg, English teacher and Morgan HS Bowl coach Eric Bergman said the team was “crushed on the first match”.

20151211_103633-1
    Captain Maina Carey with Coach Mr. Bergman

Congratulations to the Morgan High School Bowl team for its first win of the season beating Valley 225-30!

Although they had a rough start to the season, during their second match, they won by 195 points! Each question is worth 10 points and the bonus round questions are worth 5 points.

Senior Andrew Tessman, Senior Maina Carey, Junior Sam Moran, and Freshman Garrett Johnson started in the match and helped lead the team to victory.

These are the students who are members of our HS Bowl team:
    Andrew Tessman
    Maina Carey
    Caleb Adams-Hull
    Garrett Johnson
    Jake Bzowski
    Kaitlyn Maurais
    Kyle Burt
    Matt Beauvais
    Sam Moran
    Simon Hua
    Wyatt Reu

If you are interested in joining the Morgan High School Bowl team, see Mr. Bergman in room 44 to sign up. The club meets Thursdays after school.