Huskies, Warriors, and Wins

Written by Alyssa LeMay |
    Photo by Mikayla Mancini |

On Monday, September 28th, Morgan Girls’ Soccer played the undefeated Valley Warriors.

The game ended in a 1-0 win for the Huskies. The only goal of the game was scored by Senior Kate Mozzochi in the first half of the game off of a back pass from the touchline.

“We stayed in the game and fought for the win,” said Freshman Madison Emmi. Madison plays center mid for the varsity team and experienced the aggressiveness of the game. FullSizeRender

Freshman Matt Koizy was a spectator at the game and saw the intensity of the game from the stands.

“It was a really good game considering they were undefeated,” said Matt.

The undefeated title given to Valley fueled the Morgan team to keep up with the intensity of game. The Morgan girls went into the game with a positive, competitive attitude and came out even more excited for the season.

Not only was it a big win for the girls but also for the varsity coach, Megan Kilbride. It was her 100th win with the Morgan team. All the girls were glad they were able to be there when Coach Kilbride achieved this goal.

This win, along with the win for the Morgan Boys’ soccer team on September 29th, continued the shutout streak for Morgan teams versus The Valley Warriors. It all started on September 11th when The Morgan Football team shut Valley out 40-0.

The boys’ soccer team beat Valley 1-0 as did the girls’ soccer team. It’ll be a streak to keep up throughout the season.

The Varsity Girls’ soccer  team loves the support! Make sure to attend some of the games this year!