New Addition to the English Department

Written by Kyle Neumann and Marissa D’Aniello|
Photos by Meg Falcone

Fairbanks
A picture of Mrs. Fairbanks

You may have noticed two new faces in the English department. One of the new faces is Amanda Fairbanks who teaches English level two and has taken on the challenge of stepping out of her comfort zone to teach the freshmen new skills in Freshman Course.

Before coming to Morgan, she interned at North Branford Middle School, student taught seniors at Sheehan High school in Wallingford, substitute taught in Old Saybrook High School and the Lyme-Old Lyme District.  Last year she taught full-time mostly 11th grade English at Saint Bernard School.

Ms. Fairbanks graduated from Old Saybrook High School in 2007. She attended UCONN for her undergraduate degree and Quinnipiac for her Masters in Teaching.

Fairbanks Freshman Course
Mrs. Fairbanks teaching her students

Mrs. Fairbanks looks forward to connecting to all her students for the current year and the years to come.

She likes the respect that all the students share for each other and the other teachers and staff members. She also likes how everyone at Morgan is outgoing, not afraid of new things, and how Morgan is a community.

In her class, she assigns projects that give students the opportunity to voice their opinions while still connecting to the curriculum.

The freshmen are currently working on interviewing the members of the Morgan community to get their input on living the Morgan way.

Mrs. Fairbanks is a great new addition to the English department and the Freshman Course program. We are glad to have her here!   To find out about the other new English teacher,Ashley Mirabile check out this article by Meghan Schulze.