Follow Your Dreams- Apply for the Brett Renfrew Scholarship

Written by Cameron LeClaire     |

Morgan graduate Brett Renfrew’s goal was to chase his dreams. Before graduating from high school, he traveled to Washington D.C. and Russia with the People to People Program and to New Mexico with AFS. After graduating from Tufts and Harvard, he taught at an island in the Atlantic Ocean, and from there his dreams led him to Thailand. Instead of staying in Thailand, he returned to Morgan to become a teacher. He was able to share all of his amazing experiences with the students and staff of The Morgan School.

English teacher Julie Frydenborg exclaimed how ” Brett was my friend and colleague. Every year I think of him and I wish that students had the opportunity to get him as a teacher. He was brilliant at it and was a great role model.”Brett Renfrew

After Brett Renfrew was killed in a tragic accident, the Brett Renfrew Scholarship was estabished as the ” Follow Your Dreams” scholarship. The Clinton Education Foundation and The Renfrew family help give a student the opportunity to achieve his or her goal and to follow his or her dream. Their hope is that the award recipients come back to share all of their amazing experiences.

Past recipients of the Brett Renfrew Scholarship include Kristine Adams who wrote “Remembering Brett Renfrew”, an article about Mr. Renfrew and the scholarship she received, and Junior Amanda Thompson who received the scholarship last year for her summer experience with Broadreach.

Freshman through seniors are eligible for the Brett Renfrew Scholarship. To apply for the Brett Renfrew scholarship, follow this link to the application or  go to the guidance office to pick up an application. Complete and submit the application before the deadline: May 1, 2015. Follow your dreams!

• P

patrickmarkovicsApr 22, 2015 at 8:24 am

Nice Article!