Andie Carse and Her Fudge

Freshman Andie Carse

Written By Jordan Ledyard and Maya Kadel |

Leukemia
Leukemia Picture via Pathepedia

Leukemia is a cancer that develops in the blood that is caused by an abundance of immature blood cells. Lymphoma is a name for all of the blood cancers that develop in the lymphatic system. According to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, currently in 2014, there are an estimated 80,000 cases of lymphoma in the US and an estimated  52,380 cases of leukemia. These tragic diseases are awful and sometimes fatal. Andie Carse was determined to make a difference in order to help those suffering.

When Freshman Andraya Carse was just a kid, she and her mother started a delicious fudge business. They gratefully donate the money earned to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Her fudge business has been a hit; she sells an abundant amount of fudge. The flavors vary. Some flavors are chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, pumpkin and Oreo. Some flavors come seasonally. For example, the chocolate peppermint fudge is mostly requested in December. The pumpkin fudge is most popular in fall months.

Lymphoma
Lymphoma picture via Wasdworth

Andie has also won some awards for her fudge funding business such as Liberty Bank’s “Youth in Action Award”.
Her mother inspired her to start her business. Andie works very hard to bake her fudge and earn money for people who are very ill. Everyone who has purchased Andie’s fudge has enjoyed it. Freshman Taylor Marnett enjoyed Andie’s fudge as well, “I think her program is good because all of the proceeds go to a helpful organization. I loved the fudge and I am going to buy more”.

How do people discover her business? Andie advertises her business by sending out flyers.

Do you want to make a difference? Then purchase Andie’s fudge! You can just go to Andraya and purchase fudge! Half a pound is only $5 and a pound is $10. The fudge is delicious, and the money goes towards a good cause. So, it’s a win for both the buyer and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

• P

paulhotchkissDec 10, 2014 at 8:54 am

The Fudge is a great way to donate to this orginization, I’m glad its going so well!

• S

sophie romanDec 9, 2014 at 8:08 am

This article is a great way for people to hear about Andie’s fundrasier. It’s a really good cause and now that this informative article is on the pawprint many more people will put in orders.