Financing Project Grad

Written by Erika Renkl and Sarah Dahlberg |

Project Grad Poster

Fundraising Project Graduation has taken a lot of effort from the committee members of PG-14 to make the night after graduation unforgettable for this year’s seniors. The parents have to put in ten hours of service in order to lower the price for their student to $100. If parents do not want to donate their hours to the fundraising events then they simply send in a check for $200 and they are done.

We asked Mrs. Orsini and Mrs. Buffington, the co-chairs of the committee, some questions about what goes into making Project Graduation a special night and what they are doing to make it happen. They need to raise about $30,000 to fund Project Grad, and they are currently halfway to their goal. They have a couple of big events planned to make the cost for families of the seniors more manageable.

They recently had an open gym at Campbell’s Gymnastics that benefited the class trip, and we were glad to see a lot of seniors helping out with the children and taking charge of helping to make their own night happen. The event raised about $600 and was a big success!

The committee meets the first week of each month, usually on a Tuesday or Wednesday for about an hour to discuss plans and details about the event. A number of parents are already on the committee voicing their opinions. Mrs. Orsini said, “We have a great core of people but we are always looking for more parent involvement”. Their next meeting is going to be on Wednesday, March 5th and parents can contact Mrs. Orsini at [email protected] or Mrs. Buffington at [email protected] for further information.

“A lot of hard work goes into making the night special, along with a little sprinkle of magic and fairy dust! Along with dedication, lots of planning, organization, and making of little goals which helps make our end goal of One Spectacular Special Night!” -Mrs. Orsini

The committee is also putting together a mural reflecting the class of 2014 and their time here at Morgan, which features the names of all the seniors. We are excited to see what happens next with the mural, as last year’s was created over the course of the year.

The entire senior class looks forward to seeing how the night turns out and is excited for our graduation night. We asked a few seniors what they wanted to see at Project Grad, and they all said food! They are also looking forward to some music, dancing, arcade-style games, and some fun prizes at the end of the night, like gift cards and mini fridges. There was also a lot of talk about a foam party like the seniors experienced last year, but we’ll have to wait and see what the venue brings us. I’m confident in the Project Graduation committee to make it a night to remember!