Seniors Celebrate Accomplishments at their Awards Ceremony

Written by Ashlynn Leka|
    Pictures by Ashlynn Leka|
    Video by Abbigaile Pitarra|

On Wednesday, June 6th at 6pm, The Morgan School honored the class of 2018 at the senior awards ceremony. The seniors processed into the auditorium in their caps and gowns at the beginning of the event. This ceremony also honored those who achieved academic honors in the core and elective classes, students who are joining the military, scholarship recipients,  and distinguished athletes. This year’s yearbook dedication was to Clinton Prevention Coordinator Kelly Edwards and student council teacher of the year was Social Studies teacher Chris Zawadzki.

At the end of the evening, Senior Class President Wyatt Reu continued a very old tradition of the passing of the spade to the class of 2019’s Senior Class President J.P. Nye. This tradition began before 1901 in the old school, but it stopped when the spade was lost sometime after 1987. Just before the groundbreaking of the “new” Morgan School in 2014, the spade was found in the attic of town hall. The tradition was reborn with the class of 2017.

Below are pictures of this event, the video shared by Senior Abigail Pitarra at the beginning of the ceremony and a list of award recipients.

[wpvideo 0jLOlZWJ]